Latest topics
» The Pumpkin's Return?
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:05 am by Deepchill

» Oh Captain My Captain
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:20 am by Garmr

» Did you know 'Hi' is of insufficient length to be a topic title?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:41 am by Whydoibother

Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:25 pm by Whydoibother

» long time member...new to forum
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:34 pm by Animis

» Access request
Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:20 am by Deepchill

» Stuff For You
Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:23 am by unimaginative1

» Speak to the hand II introduction
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:09 pm by speak to the hand II

» access request
Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:55 am by Whydoibother

» eDominations
Fri May 26, 2017 12:29 pm by Gabrielz_Horn

Important Media
16 Shells
by Gnilraps
Digital Perfection
by slybabymichele
Maryam's View
by MaryamQ
White House Press Room
Official Govt. Biznez
Education Today
eUSA Dept. of Ed.
DoD Orders
Official eUSA Battle Orders
eNPR
eUSA Radio Broadcast
EZC Wiki
Official Easy Company Wiki Page
X Files
by HadrianX
eRep-Deutch
VERY useful
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

eUS Dictatorship

View previous topic View next topic Go down

eUS Dictatorship

Post by Ilene Dover on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:37 pm

OK, this one might be contentious and hit with a ban hammer. Honestly, I'm just curious and like to ask questions.

The coup today (day 3058) seems to be going off without much of an issue. I can't help but note there were only 5 MUs in support. Besides ourselves, the USAF were the only "major" backers. BeachBunny's little club were the only other group that registers about 1B damage for this week...

Notable absences are therefore War Inc and Ubermensch.

Ubermensch's opposition is pretty clear because of TDK sitting in the command chair.

What's up with War Inc? Does anyone know why there was no government media about the coming coup? Are we looking at the possible end of self-dictatorship? I can't help but think that without our backing the self-coup could very well have failed...
Ilene Dover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: eUS Dictatorship

Post by RaccoonGoon on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:16 am

I halfway covered this on the wall for those who might not have seen it.

I haven't spoken to jadiv or Cubby about this, so I'm not sure whether War Inc just missed the three-hour support window or what. As an MU, they have more international merc-types and folks with flexible allegiances than EZC might have, but jadiv and Cubby are both good guys, and I just don't think they would intentionally do anything they thought would hurt the eUS community.

One explanation for their absence might have to do with the lack of media beforehand and the job the exec did (or didn't do) when it came to publicizing the battle. I mean, it's worth noting that compared to most of the other eUS MUs, EZC is full of active folks and tends to be pretty well plugged-in, so to speak.

Beyond that, I can't speak on it, since I'm not in the exec (or completely in the loop) right now, but I will say that from my perspective, being curious, having a concern, and voicing that concern is not something that's going to get you hit with the ban hammer. Razz

Because Thunder Buddies are awesome, and you know you can never have enough gyrating Ted.
RaccoonGoon
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilene Dover on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:40 am

As a self-informed player I had a fair idea of what was going on and when to expect it. Had I not taken the initiative to inform myself, and used my existing resources to do so, then I would have no f'ing idea what was going on.

A coup started by the CP, the day before elections he isn't contesting. From an MU that hasn't held the dictatorship before? What the actual f... Is IS an actual doofus that is going to steal eUS money as well as Black Academi's?

I knew the answer to that question already, but it's entirely possible that many (most?) people didn't. Maybe there was communication at the comand level about planning and advance warning. Waaaay above my pay grade to know that.

Anyway, it's been poorly executed. The fact it will get over the line is partly due to luck and mostly due to EZC. I hope the new government (whoever it is) are suitable grateful.
Ilene Dover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum