Latest topics
» The Pumpkin's Return?
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:05 am by Deepchill

» Oh Captain My Captain
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:20 am by Garmr

» Did you know 'Hi' is of insufficient length to be a topic title?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:41 am by Whydoibother

Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:25 pm by Whydoibother

» long time member...new to forum
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:34 pm by Animis

» Access request
Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:20 am by Deepchill

» Stuff For You
Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:23 am by unimaginative1

» Speak to the hand II introduction
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:09 pm by speak to the hand II

» access request
Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:55 am by Whydoibother

» eDominations
Fri May 26, 2017 12:29 pm by Gabrielz_Horn

Important Media
16 Shells
by Gnilraps
Digital Perfection
by slybabymichele
Maryam's View
by MaryamQ
White House Press Room
Official Govt. Biznez
Education Today
eUSA Dept. of Ed.
DoD Orders
Official eUSA Battle Orders
eNPR
eUSA Radio Broadcast
EZC Wiki
Official Easy Company Wiki Page
X Files
by HadrianX
eRep-Deutch
VERY useful
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dead Citizens

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dead Citizens

Post by Franklin Stone on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 am

Today I pulled my monthly weeding out of dead citizens and four of them were interesting:

Donovan Zoi
Acacia Mason
Subash Cholan
ligtreb

All of them are interesting for different reasons. Acacia was one of the first citizens to have a radio show;  Northern Exposure. Donovan and ligtreb were both old citizens who wielded some influence on the eUSA Forums and I suppose in game through their meta gaming. Subash was interesting due to the fact that he was a 'young gun' USAF Officer who rose fairly quickly to that level.

It is pretty obvious America is losing citizens, not only to other in game countries; but also to boredom -you can only push the wall so long. The first thing I would do is make eRepublik and open source game and allow the citizens to create 'script modules' to enhance play. Then if I could write a script to change eRepublik I would do two things: first add hex battlefields and the ability to buy 'Clone Soldiers' for MUs to the 'War Module'. Second would be to re write the MU module as a 'political module', the reasons for that should be obvious.

Personally, I love eRepublik; if for no other reason than it has great potential. eRepublik can bring citizens together or in the case of present day 'meta game' America it can drive citizens away. Voting eRepublik up on gaming web sites does absolutely no good.

So. My question is: What would you do to improve eRepublik?

popcornsniper
Franklin Stone
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead Citizens

Post by anonymoushooligan on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:23 am

Franklin Stone wrote:

So. My question is: What would you do to improve eRepublik?

popcornsniper

anonymoushooligan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pfeiffer on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:58 am

Both of your suggestions are bad.
Pfeiffer
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetyro on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:21 am

As I already comment in other similar topics:

-Don't allowed few players have so much impact in a single campaign

-No more congress list, we could get back to the single congressman vote. The political field is more challenge in this way.

-Don't allow a single player made so much food/weapons, it destroy the economy.
Zetyro
VIP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekker on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:37 pm

Changing the political module to votign for individual congressional members is not a terrible idea, but it is a difficult one. If that were to be put into effect I believe there would have to be counter-balances in place to prevent voting fraud. (night before the election, all my friends move to Maine to vote for me)

I think that could be solved by requiring permanent homes. As in you could travel to any part of the world or country, but you home is to be considered where you have your house and you vote for there only. And then set limits to how many times you can move (eg, once every 30 days, except for in cases of when your legal residence is invaded)

A more specific economy would be the best thing to do. Because then you would have to use strategy. Though the thought of them introducing such a system makes me cringe because I have done the only economically sound thing and sold off all my low-Q wrm for Q5s. Diversifying the economy now would ruin a lot of people.

There are other things but I am not in the mood to think about them. lol

Been there; done that. Check the wiki if you really want to know more.

Luck often enough, will save a man, if his courage hold -Buliwyf
Proud owner of the Sexy Lizard Dance. I could teach you, but I'd have to charge.
Trekker
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Franklin Stone on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:19 pm

IMO, bringing the idea of electing a Regimental Captain to the political module would bring back electing Congress members by states or 'occupied regions'; I have heard tales of being State Governors back in the day. Call the Regiments Wards instead, name them Ward Captain instead of Regimental Captain, 30 citizens per Ward. Party Warden instead of Commander and they are elected by the Ward Captains. In order to run for PW you must be in the party for 90 days and have been elected once as WC, to run for WC you must have been in the Party for 60 days and the Ward for 30 days, should slow down 'clone voting'; but as is always the case someone will figure out how to manipulate the system.

Sadly IMO there are a million ways this game could be improved, also sadly we seem to have a 'game design team' who can not outside the box; and even worse we have a 'old guard player base' who seem to never have anything good to say about eRepublik and yet continue to play.

SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator

popcornsniper

Pfeiffer wrote:Both of your suggestions are bad.

Of course they are...
Franklin Stone
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bucephalus92 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:47 pm

Being able to elect individual members to congress is nice, but the current system makes taking down a PTO pretty easy for us, which I value more.

Obviously increasing consumption a decreasing production would be good for the economy

Setting a limit on how much gold someone can buy in a given amount of time

Bringing back citizen ads

Actually making an effort to market to new players

Bring back the process by which you gain less strength the higher your strength is. Thus giving people a chance to catch up without cheating or buying gold.

Actually having community support.

Ugh, so many things, never gonna happen though.
bucephalus92
VIP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Franklin Stone on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:44 am

bucephalus92 wrote:Being able to elect individual members to congress is nice, but the current system makes taking down a PTO pretty easy for us, which I value more.
By putting time constraints on elected positions IMO PTOs would be so hard to execute they would virtually cease to exist.  

bucephalus92 wrote:
Obviously increasing consumption a decreasing production would be good for the economy
This is the only game I know of which doesn't buy excess product, hell even 'Farmville 3' buys your crops from you...

bucephalus92 wrote:
Setting a limit on how much gold someone can buy in a given amount of time
Instead, how about making it easier to earn gold in game, which IMO a 'Buy Bot" would take care of...

bucephalus92 wrote:
Bringing back citizen ads
That is the biggest mistake the eRepublik Team made, not having 'popup ads';...I mean why would you cut off a revenue stream out of pride?

bucephalus92 wrote:
Actually making an effort to market to new players
That is actually how I got here back in 2009, an ad campaign in PC Gamer; the problem was that cheating was wide spread and Admin did nothing to stop it. I once had 10 friends playing back then (my nephew's Society for Creative Anachronism team), all of whom left because of the cheating; and these guys are some serious gamers...
...that's $8,000 worth of custom armor they're wearing...

bucephalus92 wrote:
Bring back the process by which you gain less strength the higher your strength is. Thus giving people a chance to catch up without cheating or buying gold.
No, this I do not agree with and IMO it is also why 'eRepublik Rising' was such a FN failure. I would be totally against taking away anything 'old guard' players have earned, now allowing me a way to catch players like Gnilraps might fly...

bucephalus92 wrote:
Actually having community support.
This one is my pet peeve...community support. Citizens, especially the 'old guard' players, who go around belittling citizens personally. Telling citizens their ideas are 'dumb'. Stating over and over how this game sucks or that it is dying and yet who continue to play the game; seeking to retain power 'outside' the game. Now all of you think I mean only my friend Mr Arundel, but you know what: It takes support from others for him to able to go 'fapping' about telling everyone that he is so wonderful. IMO, if you got to point out how wonderful you are, you aren't....  

bucephalus92 wrote:
Ugh, so many things, never gonna happen though.

IMO, if a group of citizens got together and produced a presentation to send to Admin, and I don't mean a ticket that has says, 'Yo, you should add this!', they could be swayed to implement changes which increased their bottom line. Give them an update which increases their RL gold and I promise they'll do it...

popcornsniper
Franklin Stone
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pfeiffer on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:48 am

You've clearly never spent time talking to the wigs.
Pfeiffer
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Franklin Stone on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Pfeiffer wrote:You've clearly never spent time talking to the wigs.

Ever thought it might be your approach they don't like...?
Asking for improvements while you put their game down and call them names is not to bright....
popcornsniper
Franklin Stone
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bucephalus92 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Can someone tell me why in the hell my post is orange?

I've never spoken to the wigs myself, not being a gold buyer/very active player hasn't really given me much reason to. But I have pretty much never heard a good thing said about them (aside from Oblige) so that doesn't exactly bode well.
bucephalus92
VIP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnanimous on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:45 pm

Nothing much is at stake in this game anymore. Apart from individual gain (resources), what is there to look for? I'd suggest adding minor features in which some of us would feel the psychological impact of a region being conquered.

For example, casualties should be noted when a region is conquered. Such as, if Serbia conquers Aquitane, the casualties, based on its region, would be 1.5 million people (40%-50%) of that region itself. After the region is liberated, the number of citizens in that region will slowly increase depending on how long that region has been liberated. It's minor but it's an interesting addition.

I'd also suggest scrapping the military ranks and building a whole new one. This whole "God of War" or "Titan" rank is cheesy. I remember when people were proud of reaching the Field Marshall rank and now? Players can reach that within weeks.

Also, the economic module.
Magnanimous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kortanul on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:51 pm

bucephalus92 wrote:Can someone tell me why in the hell my post is orange?
It happens. I don't think anyone knows why, and it's not common enough to dedicate time hunting for the issue. Similar to the quote pyramid issue. -shrug-

Kortanul
Pumpkin Ambassador

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EpsilonXi on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Kortanul wrote:
It happens. I don't think anyone knows why, and it's not common enough to dedicate time hunting for the issue. Similar to the quote pyramid issue. -shrug-
This happens when the owner of the thread presses the "Thanks" button beside the "Quote" button. It highlights your post and gives you rep points.
This makes it easier for people to find a solution to a problem possibly listed in the owner's post.

e.g. me giving stvarca thanks for the uniform:

EpsilonXi
Veteran

View user profile http://tinyurl.com/The-Wabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Kortanul on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:39 am

EpsilonXi wrote:
Kortanul wrote:
This happens when the owner of the thread presses the "Thanks" button beside the "Quote" button. It highlights your post and gives you rep points.
This makes it easier for people to find a solution to a problem possibly listed in the owner's post.

Intriguing. That tempts me to go find a thread I made and thank every post.

Still don't understand the quote pyramid highlight though. Do you know that one?

Kortanul
Pumpkin Ambassador

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zetyro on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:38 am

@EpsilonXi - you just answer a big doubt that I had, I always wonder why some posts are orange.
Zetyro
VIP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Franklin Stone on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:50 am

Kortanul wrote:
EpsilonXi wrote:
Kortanul wrote:

Intriguing. That tempts me to go find a thread I made and thank every post.

Still don't understand the quote pyramid highlight though. Do you know that one?

Yes, I thanked bucephalus92 for his input to the thread, not sure if it raised his Rep or not. Actually I was looking for how to vote someone up or down on the rep points, don't think I found it either. The pyramid highlight happens if you multiquote....

Population. Now that is one idea I had not thought of before, I can see where a population could be used in both politics and military...hmm....
Franklin Stone
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chavo Ellison on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Most of the problems in the game are b/c eRep has decided to change the game mechanics to cater to the established gold buyers instead of pursuing new players & trying to give them a reason to buy gold.
Economy:
The econ module sucks. Currently WAMing supports myself & 4 employees in a Q7 wep factory. This shouldn't be possible. eRep should take a look at how PI works in Eve Online. I should have to, at least, partially depend on other players to supply RM or something in order for me to run my factory with that many employees.
War:
Revert to the V1 strength gain formula but keep the current training center setup
Divisions should be based on strength. And a 5th division is needed
As an addition to the COs let countries add Merc Orders that will pay off to anyone fighting on their side.
Political:
Go back to voting in Congressmen by state instead of by party
Lock you into a party 1 day prior to voting
No Congressmen for occupied regions
Even if your country is wiped you should be able to elect a Congress & President. Thoughts being this might be one small way to retain players
Chavo Ellison

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheppherd on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Although off topic, why not just create your own version of eRep? A lot of the ideas suggested in this topic are really great ideas, and while I fear the staff of eRep would probably never incorporate them, there's nothing really stopping everyone here from working on a much better vision of eRep.
Sheppherd
VIP

View user profile http://www.saeyo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kortanul on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:25 pm

Sheppherd wrote:Although off topic, why not just create your own version of eRep?  A lot of the ideas suggested in this topic are really great ideas, and while I fear the staff of eRep would probably never incorporate them, there's nothing really stopping everyone here from working on a much better vision of eRep.
Someone already tried that, we got eSim. Someone else also tried such, and we got... Actually, no, I think that one died off. I can't remember what it was called.

Kortanul
Pumpkin Ambassador

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chavo Ellison on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Kortanul wrote:
Sheppherd wrote:Although off topic, why not just create your own version of eRep?  A lot of the ideas suggested in this topic are really great ideas, and while I fear the staff of eRep would probably never incorporate them, there's nothing really stopping everyone here from working on a much better vision of eRep.
Someone already tried that, we got eSim. Someone else also tried such, and we got... Actually, no, I think that one died off. I can't remember what it was called.
I tried vNations. I think it's still running but it never took off.
Chavo Ellison

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kortanul on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:22 pm

Chavo Ellison wrote:
Kortanul wrote:
Oh wow, that really is still a thing...

Kortanul
Pumpkin Ambassador

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pfeiffer on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:29 pm

Kortanul wrote:
Chavo Ellison wrote:
Kortanul wrote:
Oh wow, that really is still a thing...

A lot of the clones cling on for a while...
Pfeiffer
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Franklin Stone on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:23 pm

I found two new games similar to eRep today..

Ice-Apple..a strange name but interesting...

WorldAlpha...another strange name.

I just found both today, but they are very close to eRepublik....

popcornsniper
Franklin Stone
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kortanul on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:07 am

Wasn't whatshisname doing something with WorldAlpha on the eusaforums, Pfeiffer? I remember reading something about it. Can't remember who it was exactly...

EDIT: It was Klecker.

Kortanul
Pumpkin Ambassador

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top